Tuesday, March 3, 2009

fun, Fun, FUN!

Late Show Pictures, Images and Photos

So!

I was at a taping of the David Letterman show this evening (Airing on Friday) with some decent guests!

I've been to the show before and... not going to lie... it was kind of lame. I think the other guest I saw was Mila Kunis (That 70's Show, Family Guy), and it was when she was pretty young, and not necessarily good at sit down interviews. Needless to say it sucked a bit.

Tonight was a lot better.

Plus I was sitting in the THIRD row (SICK!!!)!!

The first guest tonight was Jason Segel. He's in the new movie I Love You Man with Paul Rudd - I would have rather seen Paul, but Jason was fun. He actually kept the conversation up really well and had a ton of great funny stories to tell. The Brad Pitt one he tells is pretty funny.

The next guest was a comedian. Brian Kiley. I have to say... he wasn't very funny. David didn't laugh once over at his desk. He delivered all short, brief one liners. A few of them were good, but most of them played on the shock factor... eh. I didn't really care for him.

The top ten list was a bit dry... Top Ten Reasons Why Your Spring Break Might Be A Bad One or something like that.

And the musical guest?

U2 Pictures, Images and Photos

U frigging 2.

It was pretty awesome.

I never thought I'd see them live. Not because I don't like them, but because I don't like them enough to rush out and camp on the sidewalk to buy tickets to their concerts, hah.

They look and act exactly the same as you think they would.

When they started performing I was a little let down that we had to sit through their new single that hasn't received many good reviews.

However, I have to say... I really liked "Put on Your Boots". It's much better live and the guys had a lot of fun playing it. It's a lot different than what they usually do... more on the pop/rock/alternative. But, it's nice. I wish I had heard something different, but this was for the Friday show... so I'm sure they wanted to go out with their first single from the album to drive up sales (which are down, Down, DOWN).

Watch the show on Friday and decide for yourself.

No comments: