Monday, September 14, 2009

So... MTV VMA's

I was supposed to go to the MTV VMA's tonight, but due to shitty planning and a lack of communication between MTV and the event planners I was, with ticket mind you, turned away after waiting in a line for four hours.

SHIT-TAY!!

So, my friend and I snuck around and finally made our way into a restricted area where we were face to face and spoke with Taylor Swift and stood right by Jay-Z for his arrival.

It kind of made up for the fact that we didn't get to go inside.

Some of the people outside however WERE inside at one point and gave us the low down on Kan-yasshole's stage explosion.

I guess she was accepting her award for best POP video and he jumped up MID-SPEECH and stole the mic proclaiming Beyonce's video was the best of the year. He then handed the mic back to the 19 year old Taylor and left. Taylor being in shock gave a dancer the mic and walked off the stage RIGHT after MTV went to commercial.

Taylor then maybe three minutes later had to perform.

I had the pleasure of running into her after she jammed out on 6th Avenue (when she was done the audience - which ran 300 people thick all up and down every corner of the intersection - a few thousand people started chanting her name) and saw that her eyes were all red and she was a bit teary eyed. I had no idea then that Kanye was the reason.

But leave it to a true professional to save the day.

Later in the evening Beyonce won for best video and told the audience how excited she was to win when she was in Destiny's Child as a teen, and then she called out Taylor and let her finish her acceptance speech.

Beyonce - you are an amazing woman.

Taylor - I'm buying your album this week only to up your numbers and show Kanye how little he truly is.

Kanye - you were one of my favorite artists. I now have a strong unfavorable taste in my mouth for you. Lame lame lame.

Here's a video of Kanye being an a-hole, followed by one of Beyonce being awesome, followed by a funny Obama mash-up.







If you're reading this on facebook please click HERE to be brought to the actual blog for videos and other links!

No comments: