Monday, February 2, 2009

100% PERFECT (And I have to say... 100% Diva awesomeness)

The first touchdown of Superbowl Sunday goes to Jennifer Hudson.

I don't think I have ever heard a more beautiful rendition of the Star Spangled Banner than the one JHud laid out for us on Superbowl Sunday.

The raw soul coming out of her mouth was unlike anything I've ever heard.

And as a performer I can tell you that it was NOT easy for her to do this. Three members of her immediate family were murdered not even six months ago... to get up there and sing that must have brought a flood of emotions back.

When you sing like that, you have to use every emotion you've got in you to deliver - and she did. You can tell at the top of the song that she is a little choked up, but the girl got through it and set a new bar (sorry Whitney). She put all those other pop stars who have performed the Anthem to SHAME SHAME SHAME.

ENJOY the clip here...

No comments: