Thursday, April 17, 2008

AIDS Walk! Sponsor me!!

Photobucket

CLICK HERE TO GO TO MY PLEDGE PAGE!

As many of you may know I have worked almost my entire life in the fight against AIDS.

I lost a very close family member to the terrible disease in 1996 and since then have walked almost every year whether it be in New York City or in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Because I am not in New York this Spring I will be walking on for AIDS Response Seacoast.

I worked as an Outreach person during high school and into college, teaching at high schools, raising awareness, and going out in public and speaking with total strangers. We even had lube thumb wrestling competitions in Downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Because the Bush administration has been so gracious towards the AIDS epidemic (including both gays and straights) and GLBT community in general AIDS Response has lost a LOT of the funding it had in its hay day. They've had to cut programs, services AND extremely important staff. My position was eliminated as were the positions of many others. And some of them that were not eliminated took severe pay cuts.

These people can't work for free! They also can't support or offer services people living with HIV/AIDS for free... let alone educate people on how to keep from contracting the disease.

SO!

All that being said, I need your help! You can click above and be taken right to my pledge page. If I had a dollar from every hit on this website I would already be above my goal!

This years goal is not as big as years past because I'm joining the game a little late here.

My current goal is $250... lets BEAT IT!

The donation page is COMPLETELY safe to use your card on, but if you feel safer mailing a check you can simply ask for my mailing address!

Please help me help them.

ANY AMOUNT IS APPRECIATED!!! From $1 all the way up to $1,000... and more if you're reading this and can afford it!

THANK YOU!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO MY DONATION PAGE!

No comments: