Thursday, April 10, 2008

ALBUM REVIEW: The Kills - Midnight Boom

Photobucket

*****

The Kills new venture, "Midnight Boom" is a fresh whipped up alternative adventure.

I was trying to think of a sound that might make me think of them... I came up with: ripping paper. They're tight while being lose and almost grungy sounding.

Their raw tracks and organic vocals are a cool drink of water while their messages and orchestrations are like a jagged pill. Ha.

I really like these guys. This is the first album of theirs I've bought, and I don't think it'll be the last. I need to catch up! They've got a lot of albums preceding this one.

My favorite track is Cheap and Cheerful. It starts off with a rough riff on the guitar and the female band member/leading vocalist coughing up a lung. It's great. The line "You can't survive on ice cream" is swell, as well as "I want you to be crazy 'cause you're boring baby when you're straight."

It's a good buy, and because they're not a big name it can be cheaply purchased! Which we always love. I think I got it for $7.oo. Amazing.

Check it out on iTunes or Bullmoose.com.

Here's their sweet video for Cheap and Cheerful:

No comments: