Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Music and Movies out today!

Photobucket

Mariah Carey E=MC2

Word on the street is that it sucks. The whole CD leaked online about a week ago. I don't plan on buying it. If anyone wants to submit a review I'll post it.

Cover art: * out of 4
What the hell is she doing? Drying her arm pit with that fur thing?! Not to mention she's been photoshopped to death... she looks like an alien.

Photobucket

Phantom Planet Raise The Dead

I love these guys. I don't have the album yet, because I'm broke. Expect a full review when I purchase it.

Cover art: ** out of 4
They're Phantom Planet, they could have been a bit more creative. It's interesting though. Just not amazing.

Photobucket

Tristan Prettyman Hello...X

This girl has awesome vocals and sweet, smooth guitar riffs. She's also learned a lot from jam sessions with one of her idols Jack Johnson. If you're headed to the Austin City Limits concert expect to see her there with friend G Love and Special Sauce. No review yet, again... lack of funds.

And props to her! The CD is in a paper sleeve. I believe the whole thing is made of recycled paper and is biodegradable.

Cover art: **** out of 4
Tristan got it right. The photo is kitchy, cute, sunkissed, fun, and simple... just like her music. I love it.

Photobucket

Dianne Reeves What You Know

If you like jazz, you'll love this woman. I fell in love with her watching the movie Good Night, And Good Luck directed by George Clooney. She also did the entire soundtrack to the film. This CD is sure to please.

Cover art: ** out of 4
At least it's actually her own face. I don't know what Mariah was thinking. Dianne looks good, but it's a bit predictable and boring. I'll bet I could have made a cooler cover.

As I mentioned previously Juno and Lars and the Real Girl are also out today as well as Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

As ALWAYS check out the new releases at GREAT prices on BullMoose.com

No comments: