Thursday, April 10, 2008

This movie was AWESOME!

Photobucket

What a laugh!

I went out with my Dad tonight to see a movie. We were going to see Leatherheads, but my Mom wants to see it with us, so we hit up Run Fat Boy Run.

I am SO GLAD we did!

This movie is awesome! It's very much like The Full Monty. I'd say it's more like Full Monty the musical than the movie... I didn't find FM to be as funny as a movie as it was in musical form.

I can't tell you how many times my Dad and I laughed out loud.

David Schwimmers (Ross on Friends) directorial debut Run Fat Boy Run is FANTASTIC. The film takes you on a trip with the lead character Dennis, played by the brilliant Simon Pegg. He leaves his pregnant wife at the altar. Years later he meets her new boyfriend while over to pick up his ADORABLE son Jake (Matthew Fenton).

His ex-fiance Libby (Thandie Newton) is into her new flame Whit (played by Broadway star Hank Azaria) and blabs out a few things she likes about him upon Dennis' request in her busy bakery called "Libby's Nice Buns." One of those things is his ability and drive to run marathons for charities. So, in an attempt to win her back/win her respect Dennis proclaims that he too shall run in the Nike sponsored marathon. David Williams (of Little Brittan fame - the thin one) makes a cameo in the scene.

I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, so I'll stop here. Just go and have fun.

9 Out of 10 Claps

View the trailer below!

No comments: